• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Ny Auto Show 2016

DeltaMike

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The day EM starts production and receives full payment on Elio #1 rolling off the production line is the day EM generates production revenue. EM is currently generating considerable revenue from reservations. Go Elio.

I will have confidence that production has started when EM says production has started.
Hmmm, can some CPA verify this. Seems that reservation funds are booked as liabilities. I'll have to ponder.... Agreed on Go Elio! :-)

DeltaMike

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That goes both ways. The low gas prices are great at the pump, but it really hurts companies the are part of the oil industry. My wife's company is a global company that deals with pumps and valves. Because of the oil market, the company is really suffering. Some layoffs and major cutbacks. No bonuses this year.That hurt the old pocketbook.
Hey do you or Sethodine know which branded gas stations buy only domestic gasoline for vending? I have a call in to Costco to hear what they say. When the price is high, I'm less concerned. But I want our domestic petroleum suppliers and employers to stay strong and would prefer to Buy American gas within reason.

DeltaMike

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey do you or Sethodine know which branded gas stations buy only domestic gasoline for vending? I have a call in to Costco to hear what they say. When the price is high, I'm less concerned. But I want our domestic petroleum suppliers and employers to stay strong and would prefer to Buy American gas within reason.
Answered my own question. I don't live/ in PA, NY, or OH. For those that do...http://www.urc.com/

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score

My company builds products used by the oil and gas exploration industry (along with many other industries), but I couldn't tell you much about the domestic gasoline supply chain.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hmmm, can some CPA verify this. Seems that reservation funds are booked as liabilities. I'll have to ponder.... Agreed on Go Elio! :-)
I'm not an accountant, but I suspect it is a double entry withe the (All In) cash booked as revenue and the matching amount and the matching discount booked as a liability keeping the per vehicle price intact. There are many ways this could be done and meet accounting standards.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sooooo. Has anything different happened at the NY auto show? I wonder how the media will react to the opions.

This is assuming they can tear themselves away from the same old 4 wheel variations they have always hyped about.

"Ohooooo........look at that rear view mirror! This must be history in the making!" :cool:

gd761

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I had went to the NY Auto Show and was there at 10:00AM. I had made My way to the Elio Display where they had the Elio P5 which I got to Sit in and Check out. I also got to Meet Paul Elio and Talk with Him about the Elio and Ask some Questions. Some of My Questions He was able to answer right away and a few Questions Paul Elio said that He would bring them up to the Development Team because a Few of My Questions were Not the Usual Questions that Most People Ask all the time and were Very Interesting.

One Very Important Question was about Traction Control. We Will be able to turn it off when NEEDED and then turn it back on and if We Don't turn it back on, then it will be back on by default the next time the Vehicle is started.

The Front and Rear Tires are 2 Different Sizes so Rotation is Only going to be from Left Front to Right Front. The Rear Tire Will Have to be Dismounted from the Rim and Turned Around and Remounted and then Rebalanced.

The Driver Seat Don't Recline Far Enough to be able to be halfway comfortable to take a Nap or Sleep in the Vehicle. When driving the Vehicle as a Commuter Vehicle some People like Myself Will take a Nap or Sleep in the Vehicle for anywhere from a half hour to an hour. The Seat NEEDS to Recline More to be More Comfortable to be able to do this.

I also asked if the Engine and Transmission could be Upgraded at a Later Date since if We have gotten Aftermarket Upgrades through Elio or Other Means since it would be Cheaper for Us than having to Repurchase All of them over again. The Elio Team Member that I was Talking with had said that they Will forward that to the Development Team.

With the SkyActive Infinite Sky Addition would be a $1,500.00 option. Currently We would have to get an Additional Line to Our Mobile Plan, but maybe there will be an App that We can Purchase and Download to Our Mobile Devices which at that point then We will Use the Data on Our Current Mobile Plan that We have.

Top Bottom