• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Standard Equipment And Options

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I doubt Elio's level of available customization will go that far. It sounds like they are just making it so that you can get individual options instead of bundles. Say with some cars if you want cruise control you would need to order a "tech package" which also comes with navigation and glove compartment weasels. But with the Elio, you can order just the cruise control and the weasels without the nav.

I posted this in another thread: "I would love something unconventional on the Elio, like a sliding canopy or gull wing door. I am tempted to go with a Lambo style door kit since it should be possible without major changes. I know they are cheesy and played out, but whenever I see a beat up Civic with them the 10 year old in me still stops and goes "whoa, cool!"

It is that same inner 10 year old that wants an Elio instead of a minivan, so I trust his judgement."
Are glove compartment weasels compatible with the trunk monkey?

I want both. Safety first and all that, you know.

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You know, you should be more... (fiddles with the lock) umph!! (jams key in and unlocks it) careful!!

Besides, (helps you out) what is all this fascination with the color yellow? It is the second more common color to get pulled over by cops. Red being #1
Thanks. (stands and brushes off clothes) I think the whole "Yellow" deal has gotten to be a running gag. Something to distract us for a while. Not that I have any problem focusing LOOK! DONUTS! (scampers off...)

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One minor suggestion for the configurator would be an indicator of whether gas mileage should increase or decrease with certain options (e.g. the chin or deck spoilers). Just qualitative, not necessarily hard numbers or estimates. We all know Yellow is virtually guaranteed to increase mpg by 2% or more, so EM might as well incorporate that into The Configurator (am I the only one who hears an ominous booming echo every time I say "The Configurator?").

Dragonz

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
One minor suggestion for the configurator would be an indicator of whether gas mileage should increase or decrease with certain options (e.g. the chin or deck spoilers). Just qualitative, not necessarily hard numbers or estimates. We all know Yellow is virtually guaranteed to increase mpg by 2% or more, so EM might as well incorporate that into The Configurator (am I the only one who hears an ominous booming echo every time I say "The Configurator?").

Almost sounds like you are speaking with a deep voice and trying to emulate Darth Vader.

I would agree as well with the whole fuel economy thing. Also, if there was a way that we could see something as to giving suggesting how we want the Elio colored. I mean options like matte, gloss, and other different aspects.

On a side note, just so that I know for future references, how hard would it be to convert the door to a butterfly of gull wing opening?

Top Bottom