• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Trunk Questions

JDub

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Had a flat on my SL on the way home from work on the hottest day of the summer. Was a bad valve stem so yes needed the spare.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Had a flat on my SL on the way home from work on the hottest day of the summer. Was a bad valve stem so yes needed the spare.
Comes down to "Sh#t Happens" can't have a contingency for every thing.
Tie one on the roof, carry it in the back seat or, just get a car with five wheels.:)

Ralphe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Regarding, storage in the Elio,
I suggest, a UNDER THE SEAT DRAWER, for registration, insurance, and other small items.....
Can someone relay this to the Elio team?

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I suggest, a UNDER THE SEAT DRAWER, for registration, insurance, and other small items.....

I made an under-the-seat pouch that velcro's to the carpet. It's being tested in my daily commuter right now, and I sometimes use it for storing valuable things. Black pouch on a black carpet doesn't show much, and the long strip of 2" wide velcro holds it pretty snug.

I do plan on looking into locking metal drawer boxes, something that can be bolted or otherwise affixed under the seat so that it is not easy to remove from the car.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
"Can someone relay this to the Elio team?"
Since it involves contact them, is there a reason you can't do it?

Elio Owners Forum is not affiliate with Elio Motors; if there is some information you would like them to know
You can contact them at the following:

Elio CS: Toll Free: (844) 289-3546
Direct: (480) 500-6800 Ext. 1
Phone Hours: M-F 9am – 3pm Central Time

Emails:
tellmemore@eliomotors.com
orders@eliomotors.com
support@eliomotors.zendesk.com
Customer Login

Mailing address:
Elio Motors, Inc.
2942 North 24th Street,
Suite 114-700
Phoenix, AZ 85016

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I made an under-the-seat pouch that velcro's to the carpet. It's being tested in my daily commuter right now, and I sometimes use it for storing valuable things. Black pouch on a black carpet doesn't show much, and the long strip of 2" wide velcro holds it pretty snug.

I do plan on looking into locking metal drawer boxes, something that can be bolted or otherwise affixed under the seat so that it is not easy to remove from the car.
If they should get into the car, they could just as easily steal it- parts are usually worth more than the whole- in your case the battery pac should be a big resale ticket item.

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Shouldn't be that hard to find an affordable underseat locking storage box with security cable (example below is advertised for $20):
image.jpeg

SnapSafe Lockbox Keyed Lock Steel Black

Top Bottom